View Single Post
Old February 2, 2002, 02:18 PM   #2
Nodakmarine

Well, I haven't done any CAS shooting yet but I have been a member of the 7th Cavalry as a scout for a number of years. I used a Rossi .45 Colt rifle and was pretty happy with it. Last year I won the military rifle shoot with it when we went to Fort Sissiton so that was a pretty good deal. The only problem was that the Rossi is copied after the Winchester 92 and Custer (who was healthy BEFORE he left North Dakota by the way) got whacked in 1875 so I decided this fall to get a Cimmeron 1873 Winchester that would be period appropriate. So far I think I like it far better than my Rossi but then again for $400 more, I better dang well like it better! But I guess if you are looking for a cheap .45 Colt rifle, EMF has 1892 Winchester carbines for about $267 and I think the rifles with the 24 inch barrels were going for about $336 or so. Like I said, the Rossi isn't a bad rifle for the money and I REALLY like both my 73 and 66 Winchesters from Cimmeron. Guess it all depends on what you want and how much you are willing to spend.

Page generated in 0.03495 seconds with 8 queries