Thread: Henry honesty??
View Single Post
Old January 30, 2013, 08:28 PM   #62
shafter

Quote:
Sheesh.

We really are a nation of bungholes if that irritates you. Maybe thereoughttabealaw!

Maybe you should spend that irritation on little things such as the new AWB, Congress spending trillions of dollars beyond its income, and the President ordering the murder of American citizens without jury trial. It's these little things, such as advertising, that caused the Founders to suffer through nearly a decade of war with a world power. Nah...gun ads are far more important.
I'd call a few cents tax on tea that no one made the Founders buy to be pretty trivial but that's besides the point. I'm not telling anyone to stop doing business with Henry. I merely wanted to know if I was the only one that is irked by Henry's false marketing. All of the items you mentioned above bother me a great deal but I'm capable of being irked by big and small things alike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafter
I don't care if a company has been bought and sold over the years. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Smith and Wesson today the same company as it was a hundred years ago?

Actually it's not. S&W sold us down the river to to the Klinkton administration AWB bunch. Many of us stopped doing business with them. The new owners denounced to old and promised to be more 2nd. Amendment friendly. We show our support by doing business with them. I wouldn't call that the SAME company.
I won't argue on being sold to the Clinton administration but Smith and Wesson as a company is basically the same company it used to be. To market products on their long history really isn't the same as what Henry is doing.

Page generated in 0.03828 seconds with 8 queries