View Single Post
Old September 2, 2008, 04:08 PM   #39
Spade Cooley

I worked that area and retired just before the shooting happened. I knew some of the players.

The pistol on the street was either the S & W or Beretta in 9MM. A few 38 S & W revolvers were there. Some patrol officers had shotguns with OO Buck. Some Swat teams arrived late and had AR-15s.

The street cops were trained to take head shots when they thought body armor was present. The drill at the range was to double tap the center mass and put the third shot in the head. I would venture to say many took the head shot but missed. It might be hard to make the head shot with the pistol when someone is spraying you with and automatic weapon.

The next trip I took to Calif. I saw a motor officer with an AR mounted on his bike. I'm sure there are a lot more in the cars these days.

If any of you are ever in L A for a visit, go to the old Highland Park Station where the LAPD Museum is located. They display the suits the bad guys were wearing on dummies with all the holes. I think there are around 30 holes in each suit. A head shot would have taken them out.

Page generated in 0.02185 seconds with 8 queries