Thread: Trespassing v2
View Single Post
Old September 28, 2010, 10:59 PM   #36
therealdeal

conntrooper, what you state is vague @ best(your last post). If you had read my post I mentioned I had very young children(on two seperate occaisons) and that worrying about a teen sneaking in from a party isn't an issue for me. Also, an intoxicated man willnot come into my home "by accident", but I can again 'see where you are coming from' w/regards to that. If said individual did come into my home I willnot be "going to prison for a long time". It is a tragedy, but it is justified and the protection of my family is more important than waiting to get identify from the individual. I will know before the trigger is pulled if he should be there. If I was shot by the grandpa of the girl I liked to snuggle w/at 3 am on warm, summer nights as a teen(I snuck out all the time in the early 90's- I used to be out the door before the toilet stop making the flushing noise to drink, get laid, whatever), I can gurantee you he wouldn't be in prison now or even in the 90's for putting me six-feet under by accident. the key word is accident- he was defending his home&family and shot me to death. Also, what Aguilar stated about the laws in this case are very valid. I respect the yrs you put in as a trooper. I am assuming its in yesterday's past(I could easily be wrong); my grandma's(may she rest in peace) brother is retired NY state police and was on cold case files(the one w/wallet at bottom of hill from rape but I guess that might not help). Times have changed. I never was scared even as a teen, but I will trust my gut&intuition if a serious incident unfolds. If its a boy visiting my daughter in the late 2020's so be it(I will not shoot him), but I will not live in fear and second guess a deadly situation. I shouldn't own a gun if I willnot use it. I have thought about it many times: I don't want to pull my weapon on someone! If I do I will be able to use it under certain circumstances though!!

"Abraham Lincoln freed all men, but Sam Colt made them all equal." (post Civil War slogan)

Last edited by therealdeal; September 28, 2010 at 11:07 PM.

Page generated in 0.02426 seconds with 8 queries