View Single Post
Old September 18, 2000, 08:02 AM   #23
The Observer

Skorzeny & dragoontooth73: I have great respect to those who have really studied true martial arts of any form for the purpose of self defense and body conditioning.

My point only is to answer the question "What really happens in real fight" and can we really use the different methods of blocking, parrying, punching, locking, throwing and many forms. My answer to that is, we can use some of it, but not exactly the way we are taught. Be realistic, that in actual fight or combat we just throw punches and kicks simultaneously and if we grab each other to our opponents we try to release or get out from his grapples or perhaps we bite or break his elbows and neck. Do you think that you have still a premeditated techniques that youa re going to apply. As good martial artist say, if some one holds you don't think any techniques but just strike him and in that way it will shock him and perhaps his hold to you will be released.

If you live in slum areas and and see the exconvicts and other kinds of people who happens to be in actual stabbing or riot I think you would not try to use your being a martial artist in case you will be accosted by them. Of course if there is no room to evade or retreat we will fight back and use our learnings inself defense but the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu or Aikido we have studied will not guarranty that we are not being scratched or seriously wounded also. Or maybe, when you are in real trouble (hand to hand fighting) you might forget your martial arts but fight like a common man using all what he got in his body.

As I said a good martial artist will not demean the forms of other kinds of martial arts, but looking at your writings you look down karate and tekwondo as second to your Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. This has been discussed many times inside TFL (by my readings when I did not sign in yet). And everyone agreed that in actual combat be it in barehand and in pistol we just employ many informal forms of fighting for survival that even the two stances of shooting is not present anymore in actual fighting.

What if I am an Indonesians, Malaysian or asian - am I second to your race as caucasian (that is out of the subject) but we are here to discussed reality and accept factual things.

Respected co-TFLer's I am the same with you who have read every martial arts site in the web especially Blade forum as you've mention and I think (correct me if I am wrong) Equalizer and Parabellum are from Blade forum and I think even skorzeny.

I was trained also with rigid martial arts style without the fancy uniforms and padings to be placed in our body during tournament.

To sum up, what we have learned in any martial arts is a big help for us for self defense but if you asked "What really happen in actual fight" then I would humbly say all the paticipants will be hurt but we have a better edge then the one who has no so much training. Remember Vietnam considered a 3rd rate in military tatics (what happened we've got lesson from them). Thats my observation.

Thanks

Page generated in 0.02888 seconds with 8 queries