View Single Post
Old October 6, 2005, 02:52 PM   #9
USP45usp

Thanks for the replies.

The reason that this person can't move is due to fixed income. The housing is HUD (it's for older folks on SS).

And because it's government housing, they (the government) had the bright idea of building a section 8 complex right across the street.

Talk about putting low lifes right next to potential victims, only the government could come up with that idea

Anyway, I was thinking of the bar across the door and since it's been mentioned here, I will set up all the folks that want it in their apartments. I will most likely spend my own $$ to outfit with decent materials.

I have seen those door stop alarms, do the work as well as they say?

I was also thinking of drilling a hole in the floor and putting in a door stop device but drilling in HUD housing is a no-no.

On the ladies sliding glass door, I put in a cut down broom stick for the bottom track and I put up a holder system for a broom stick on the top rail as well.

I was thinking of getting one of those alarms, infared, from wally world that I can place the beam on the sliding door.

The only thing that I'm afraid of is that the alarm DBs will be enough to cause heart attacks (she is around 75) with her or the woman next door.

And after talking with my Mom, dogs/cats are allowed but they have to pay a $450.00 non-refundable deposit and they waive their rights of privacy and must sign a paper stating that the owner or the HUD inspectors can inspect their apartments at any time they wish without notification (supposily to look for damage by the pet without the person present and interfering with their "investigation").

Wayne

Page generated in 0.03583 seconds with 8 queries