View Single Post
Old November 9, 2009, 06:59 AM   #12
BUTCHER45

I called in, and killed my first coyote not to long ago.

Between using a handcall (bite-style), the fact that I was hunting all by myself, calling the coyote to within about 15 yards, and shooting her with my .45caliber air rifle, that hunt was about as special as it can get. Oh, and doing it here in the thick Western Oregon woods was pretty sweet, too.

Hunting alone is sounding like more and more of a good idea to me. Most say that two hunters will make twice the sound of one hunter, but in my case the other hunter makes like 4+ times the noise I do. All kinds of noise.

I've only hunted with one person that has been anywhere close to as quiet as me. I work hard to stay in all-out ninja mode at all times while hunting, and believe my first coyote would not have come in had I been as loud as so many others are (she was likely bedded down about 175-250 yards away from my stand at the most, she showed up quick).

There are probably a lot more "new" predator hunters out there these days that are educating the coyotes. The sport is growing fast along with, and due to the coyote population in many parts of the county.

Page generated in 0.02074 seconds with 8 queries