View Single Post
Old June 23, 2012, 10:55 AM   #49
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

Quote:
Some very good points and drills Old Grump. Mix it up. Throw curves. Make them do the unexpected. Nothing will EVER be like training on the range when lead is coming north instead of going south.
That's what I thought but you should have heard some of the names they had for me the first few times I pulled that on them. Then they started getting it and some preferred the oddball drills to just standing there and shooting bulls eyes on their two hind legs. Wasn't all my idea though, I had a couple of really good coaches and a lot of handgun hunting time in the desert to hone my own skills. My first international match and my first PPC match also got me to thinking that there was more than just one way to get lead on a target.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--

Page generated in 0.03136 seconds with 8 queries