View Single Post
Old October 11, 2011, 03:03 PM   #64
youngunz4life

Quote:
There is no room in this world for mean dogs. It's amazing the number of people out there that will go out of there way to make excuses for mean dogs and not shoot them but then will talk about taking the life of a mugger with a grin on there face. If you think it would be easier to kill a person than an animal you need help. Frankly, if you are legally carrying on PUBLIC ground and get attacked, cornered, growled at etc by a dog not only can you shoot it, you dang well better. You put me in possession of a gun and pepper spray with a mean dog in front of me and I'm grabbing the gun.

LK
I agree with this and some other good posters 100%. I am basing my opinion on the fact that I can tell the difference and I know when its justified. Let's be honest, one can get away with it w/regards to a dog when it isn't justified. I am talking about when I can tell the dog is mean and it is justified though. I wouldn't harm a mean dog unless I had to unless it was very, very prudent to do so(other people's safety).

MLeake, you make some good points but again, I am going under the premise where it is obvious the dog is a problem and there really is no grey area. Some people don't realize how easy of a scenario(and dangerous it can be//not referring to you MLeake). I am guessing usually geographical locations play a big part in this many times as well.

Lastly on the understanding bit, I have no qualms using my firearm in said situations. I think some people are generally real hesitant to use the firearm even when it puts themself in a greater, more precarious predicament. Again, I think geographical locations and also age can be major factors in this sometimes. Maybe fear and inexperience too...I am willing to bet I could snap a dog's neck if my life depended on it. A knife would be necessary for much more imminently critical situations, but the CCW is the way to go. I don't carry pepper spray, and I just don't plan on doing this to be animal friendly.

Page generated in 0.02331 seconds with 8 queries