View Single Post
Old January 25, 2006, 02:26 PM   #16
tyme
Staff

Quote:
As for my friend's knife wielding boyfriend. He had the knife, but didn't seem to have the nerve to actually run up to the BG and eviscerate him.
As well he shouldn't.

There's nothing wrong with what you did. Having a cwl doesn't make you guardian of the weak and downtrodden, and if you weren't prepared to shoot an attacker to stop a third party from being seriously hurt, you were right not to do so.

Quote:
My friend's boyfriend is egging him on at this point with is knife -- so I push him back into the apartment. His girlfriend is hiding behind the refrigerator.
That is to me the best part of the story, no matter why you did it. Whether through subconscious action or by fate, you did the right thing, and you've evidently learned from it.

Ditto on the boyfriend being an idiot. Maybe he learned from the experience, but I don't think people like that learn from their emotion-driven mistakes very often.
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)

Page generated in 0.02507 seconds with 8 queries