View Single Post
Old July 12, 2010, 06:15 PM   #12
prater

IMO the reason more people are killed by the .22LR because of two things. Its prevalence, everyone seems to have at least one of them in their collection and the second reason is people underestimating its lethality. I've heard several anti gun people who have no problem with a .22LR and several people I know have ignored general safety rules because in their words "Its just a .22." So I think people don't respect the caliber as much and don't handle them as safely as they would a 9mm or a .45 for instance. The round looks miniscule and almost laughable compared to the larger centerfire rounds available. But it is still deadly and just as much care should be taken as with it as any other round. As for the .25, its a belly gun pretty much. I have one that I pop some cans with occasionally, it was developed in the early part of last century and ultimately stuck around due to its ability to be chambered in very small guns and still be called a centerfire. By the time a larger small caliber came around like the .32 or .380 the .25 had a niche and wasn't going anywhere.

Page generated in 0.03479 seconds with 8 queries