View Single Post
Old January 31, 2000, 12:55 AM   #2
Reg

I've been shooting and reloading a 226 in 357SIG for a couple of years now. As for the gun itself, I think that you would be very hard pressed to find a superior weapon. I cannot say enough about its quality, fit, finish and accuracy. (the 229 sport is supposed to be even better in the accuracy dept)
I started reloading at the same time that I bought this pistol and have yet to have a problem. Most of my brass has over 4 or 5 reloadings and it appears that I will get many more cycles out of them.
Lubing the bottleneck case is an extra step, but I don't mind... it's not a big deal.
There are some things about 357SIG reloading that I have found out through research as well as trial and error that are worth passing on.
Be careful in your bullet selection. Pick bullets specifically designed for 357SIG or else make sure you pick a 9mm bullet with a short ogive so that the bullet is not tapering where the neck needs to grab it. I have had excellent results with Remington 115 & 124 gr JHP ($49/1000 thru Midway) Another bullet that works very well is the Rainier 124 gr FP.
There are a number of dies out there for 357SIG but the general consensus is that LEE seems to have the best dies as far as the crimp goes. This is what I use and I don't have any bullet slippage problems.

My vote is for the SIG, I doubt you'd be disappointed.

Page generated in 0.02056 seconds with 8 queries