View Single Post
Old January 30, 2006, 10:45 AM   #10
Mikeyboy

If you have all the doors and windows locked at night with an alarm system, and your not a heavy sleeper you should be able to hear someone trying to break in, its not like the guy is going to be a ninja or break in like a scene from Mission Impossible, no matter how stealthy, if everything is locked up tight, the thief will make some noise breaking in. I think your option is to turn off the fan, grab a handgun and put it in your pocket and check your daughter's room. If everyone is upstairs sleeping, and your still hearing noises, something is up, and you go into home defense mode. You don't want to get the shotgun out and start sweeping rooms...what if its your daughter going to get a drink of water, or perhaps sneaking in a boyfriend for a smouch. While as a father I would not mind frightening a boyfriend to death as I investigate the noise with a shotgun, more serious accidents do happen. Unlike young kids who may sleep thru the night and just run occasionally into your room when they have a nightmare, teenagers are more independent and are more likely to move around more at night. As your kids get older your going to hear more bumps in the night, and sweeping your house with a loaded shotgun every time is not the answer. Ignoring a strange bump in the night may not be wise either. A pistol in the pajama waistband or robe pocket, and a simple check to see if all the usual suspects are asleep. Your still armed, and your less likely to shoot a family member by accident.

P.S +1 for 00 Spy, let you wife know what that your checking on a noise, and if you think someone is breaking in, defend the upstairs and call 911.

Last edited by Mikeyboy; January 31, 2006 at 10:33 AM.

Page generated in 0.03330 seconds with 8 queries