View Single Post
Old January 8, 2013, 08:56 AM   #59
bird_dog

Quote:
A study on 'hunters' showed them to be very negative to evil black guns.
It's this kind of generalization that kills. What study?

Lots of my friends and co-workers are gun-guys and hunters. As am I. Consider that we as hunters (even guys who DON'T have EBRs) also have a lot to lose in the gun debate. Check the hunting magazines. The debate is going on there, too.

"Fudds" is a pretty insulting term. I think you'll find that a lot of THIS generation of hunter is well aware of what's going on in the country right now, and a high percentage are NRA members. I (and we) spend a lot of range time, not only shooting our Wabbit Killing guns, but also our pistols, our EBRs and other stuff because -- like you -- we enjoy the shooting sports as well as the killing sports.

Check the demographic of guys who regularly trap/skeet/clay shoot. Check the amount of money spent on good shotguns. I think you'll find something above the "redneck" stereotype if you look harder at it.

We're all in this together. I don't know ONE HUNTER who doesn't support everyone else's right to legally possess any kind of firearm they so desire.

If there is a study that says otherwise, it would be wise to check just WHO did the study. Undoubtedly an anti-gun group.

Page generated in 0.02785 seconds with 8 queries