View Single Post
Old March 27, 2012, 11:28 AM   #4
682bear

I used 45 grains of 4064 because my load manual recommends starting below their minimum load when using military brass. Their minimum load was 46, so I loaded these at 45 grains. I agree that this is definately part of the problem. This ammo was loaded to SAAMI OAL specs.

I chucked the firing pin up in a lathe and used a stone to polish a smooth radius on the end.

I took it out again this morning and fired @ 20 rounds through it. I did not have any more punctured primersand the primers only set back around .005, but I could not get it to group better than 2.5 inches at 100 yards. I shot 2 different types of ammo, Remington 150 gr core lokt,(4 inch groups at 100) and another of my reloads, which was made up of Remington brass, 165 gr JSP, with 55 grains of AA 3100. This load shot the best so far,(2.5 at 100), but still was not up to my standards.

The action is not bedded, I know that will help a lot, but I'm not going to bed it until I decide whether I am going to re-barrel it. I actually bought it to put up for a future project gun, but wanted to see what it is capable of doing as is. I guess some time at the loading bench is in my near future...

Thanks again, guys.

-Bear

Last edited by 682bear; March 27, 2012 at 11:30 AM. Reason: added information

Page generated in 0.03496 seconds with 8 queries