View Single Post
Old May 2, 2011, 05:05 PM   #9
SwampYankee
Registration in progress

Mike, you forgot the 4th option:

4. To let you know that I am surprised at the fact that the thread was allowed to stand.

This is what I have done. You can take if for what it's worth: an unsolicited opinion commenting on the fact that I'm perturbed by what appears to be a double-standard when it comes to thread content- although that may not even really be the best term for it.

I ignore plenty of threads I have no interest in. But when I saw the title "Bin Laden dead" I thought, to myself, "I wonder how long it will take them to close that?". The topic is so far off the repeatedly stated goals of TFL, I just cannot believe it got past 3 posts. I would agree that some things are so colossally ground breaking, they warrant discussion even outside the purview of TFL's mission. But a dead terrorist?

It seems like a little hypocrisy. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it's a private board after all and hypocrisy is a constitutionally guaranteed right.

Am I happy with TFL? Sure. I ask a question, I usually get some good answers. I make a comment, I usually get worth while responses. But I never would have started a thread on Bin Laden because I thought I knew what TFL was all about, I guess I was mistaken.

Page generated in 0.02389 seconds with 8 queries