View Single Post
Old October 9, 2009, 02:48 PM   #2
azredhawk44

I'm starting to feel like a broken record and it's kinda odd that all of a sudden the Baby Eagle is getting so much demand on this and other forums... Something makes me wonder if Charles Daly (the new importer) is trying to astroturf support for more Google hits.

Anyways...

It's a good gun that is based on the CZ-75 design but with a few differences. The biggest mechanical difference is the location of the safety: On the slide rather than on the frame. Poor decision, IMO. The slide moves, sometimes very rapidly and fiercely. If you're in a struggle for your gun and trying to deactivate the safety while also trying to shoot an attacker, you can wind up seriously hurting yourself on the slide mounted safety. Other guns also draw this criticism: S&W all metal semiautomatics, Ruger P-series, Beretta 92's.

The logistal drawback to this gun is the Charles Daly apparently isn't in a position to support these guns in a timely manner. Several posters have been through here and other forums looking for various spare parts, and unable to get them without sending the entire gun in to Daly's support folks. When you carry gun breaks an extractor at the 25,057th round and you're comfortable with replacing it on your own, it'd be nice to just have one on hand in your toolbox so you don't lose use of your gun for a month or longer for shipping and service (along with huge shipping charges for sending a firearm through UPS/Fedex).

I'd recommend you get a CZ. Exact same gun (the BE and EAA Witness are based on the CZ-75 design), but much better support in the marketplace.

Page generated in 0.02847 seconds with 8 queries