View Single Post
Old August 15, 2009, 12:15 PM   #1
Magnum Wheel Man

old shotgun too good to mess with ???

so a while back I bought a couple of old side by sides, with the intention of cutting one to a coach gun, & the "better one" to use for a double rifle project ( 577 Snider double rifle )

I bought one & put one on layaway... the 1st one I brought home was a good old Husqvarna, & the barrels have now been trimmed to 23.5" ( there was a pretty good ding in one of the barrels at 23.5" )... I had every intention of using this one for the double rifle, as the other was labeled ( at Cabelas ) as Belgian, & my builder ( with out actually seeing it, & from description only ) said it was likely a cheap import made for Sears / Gambles / Montgomery Wards, etc. & said it may be fine for black powder "coach loads"...

so I pretty much lost interest, in the 2nd gun if it was only good for black powder coach gun loads, & I concentrated on going ahead with the Husky for the double rifle... but I finally picked up the 2nd gun at the limit of their lay away plan...

hmmm... turns out the shotgun was improperly labeled, not Belgian, but Italian... & has some features found only on premium shotguns, not usually found on cheap imports...

the pics don't do it justice... butt here they are...

it's kinda hard to see, but the locks are key hole inletted into the sides of the reciever ( my builder has never see this before )

the Greenier lock has a "dolls head" on it, & there are "fences" ( I think that what they call it when the reciever is flaired on each side & the barrel block is relieved to fit snugly in on each side ??? )

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Guns 299.jpg (50.9 KB, 654 views)
File Type: jpg Guns 301.jpg (54.7 KB, 635 views)
File Type: jpg Guns 300.jpg (46.2 KB, 640 views)

Last edited by Magnum Wheel Man; August 15, 2009 at 01:02 PM.

Page generated in 0.03113 seconds with 9 queries