Thread: Went shootin
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2011, 01:23 PM   #1
Doc Hoy

Went shootin

Was an absolutely gorgeous day.

Took along five revolves that I had never shot before.

Third Model Dragoon from ASM. Nice and tight but the revolver is alittle finnicky. The action does not know whether it wants to be loose or tight.

1860 Colt from ASP (Siles) Very nice. Shoots well but the wedge shoots loose. Gotta figure out what to do about that.

Griswold and Gunnison Sheriff's model This is the project revolver on whihc I shortened the barrel. It looks like I am going to need a .380 mold for this revolver. .375s are just too loose.

1858 Remington and .44 from ASP. This is the revolver that I refinished and worked over. (Short barrel) Was shooting about six inches right. I moved the front sight (Dovetailed sight) and brought it in. It is still shooting a little low. I put an extra tall sight on this revolver so there is some distance to go to bring the elevation up.

The real peach was the 1858 in .44 from ASP (Siles). Very good group with .454s. .451s openned the group up a bit. I was shooting the sprews up and switched over to loading the balls with the sprew down. I also backed of from 25 gr to 20 gr and the groups tightened up a bit. But not like the .454s. Well within two inches at 15 yards. If only it were a larger revolver. Too small for my hand. (Don't say it Mykeal....I know I should have taken the Rogers and Spencer.)

Page generated in 0.03013 seconds with 8 queries