View Single Post
Old July 6, 2009, 08:00 PM   #49
Tennessee Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDak
TG: Are you of the opinion that deadly force can only be used if someone is using a deadly weapon against you?
No, I have never said that. However, if you shoot an unarmed person absent a deadly weapon and cannot show that a disparity of force existed between you and your attacker you might well go to jail in many states.

Quote:
It seems that you are going out of your way to portray Fish as a murderer.
A lawful jury already did that. But yes I have doubts as to his innocence.

Quote:
is then attacked by someone who turns out to be a known violent criminal
I am not sure that is correct. Don't recall that Kuenzli had been arrested for any violent crimes but that doesn't matter. What matters is what happened at that incident. If I saw Ted Bundy walking around and went up and summarily shot him I could face murder charges also.

Quote:
Those facts don't rise to the level of reasonable doubt for you? You've got to be kidding?
Not based on what I know about it no. I am not sure Fish did not unreasonably overreact to the situation that ended up causing a man's death. I might not convict him of murder but perhaps manslaughter if the laaw permitted it. I think many others are unsure as well.

Page generated in 0.03269 seconds with 8 queries