View Single Post
Old July 24, 2005, 10:08 AM   #1
Runsalone

short term SA carry.......Sig

Sig 226. As to the firing pin block, I just got done reading in the manual that the firing pin lock is engaged in single and double action mode.

Let me preface my question with this....I WOULD NOT CARRY A GUN WITHOUT A SAFETY IN SINGLE ACTION MODE....... If it is DA\SA I carry DA first shot.

Now.. with that out of the way, if I were to suddenly need the use of both my hands during shooting the pistol, say got charged during a reload, or more likely needed to harry someone to safety....etc. Is it safe to holster the weapon in SA, given proper trigger finger control, or will it go off if I do a jumping jack?

I think Ive seen footage of Seals or some ninja agency doing room clearing drills and practicing switching back and forth between the 226 and MP5 (whatever...it was) I dont think they decocked for the period of the time the pistol may have been needed for immediate use.

Again Im NOT asking if it would be safe to carry indefinitely in SA, that would be retarded in my opinion. But rather in the heat of the fight should it need to be holstered and brought back into play, could you do so safely, instead of having to shoot DA again.

Again trigger finger control being a given my question pertains to the safety of the weapon. Assume it would be safe if "dropped" in SA.? Due to the safety.....

God I hope I asked this right or Ill never hear the end of it..........

BTW I posted in two forums....didnt know which one fit

Page generated in 0.02716 seconds with 8 queries