View Single Post
Old March 16, 2013, 09:21 PM   #25
cdbeagle

I am new to reloading, ordered all of my equipment in January and it came this week finally. I will agree that now is not the best time to start reloading based on the shortages of equipment and components but so what? I have asked some stupid questions about reloading on this forum and all the responses I have received were polite and informative. I too believe that the OP probably has manuals and is reading them. I have purchased two manuals and one came with my reloading kit. I am just a little scared to start by myself so I will be attending reloading classes at Cabela's and my FFL will be instructing me in person, he has been reloading since he was 15. I will be asking many stupid questions in the months to come.

My initial reason to start reloading is because I have a CZ 6.5x55 and the good ammo for that caliber is very high dollar. What pushed me over the hump though is that my son and I acquired AR-15's at the beginning of November(thankfully before the craze) and I do not like hunting with FMJ ammo. If I want to shoot or hunt with my AR in the foreseeable future I will have to reload.

Components are scarce but you can still get it in dribbles and I don't even know all the places to look. For .223 alone I have been able to score 5000 AR primer's($85.00 was a decent price I believe), 4 lbs of CFE 223, 1 lb of AR-Comp, 2000 once fired Lake City cases and 1000 bullets. I figure that will keep me going for a while and the bullets are the easiest component to find, at least for me.

Page generated in 0.02613 seconds with 8 queries