View Single Post
Old September 21, 2012, 01:10 PM   #30
dgludwig

Quote:
For waistband carry, it's hard to beat a Colt Cobra or Agent (plain jane version of the Cobra).
I wouldn't call the Agent a "plain jane" version of the Cobra. The only real difference between the two models when they were being produced at the same time was the shorter grip frame of the Agent-and after 1968 or so, even the Cobra was made with the shorter frame but came with longer stocks. Finish, fit and workmanship of the two models were the same-excellent!
I certainly agree that it's hard to beat either one of these Colts for concealed carry. I routinely pocket carry my Cobra. I like the idea of being able to carry a revolver that weighs the same as a Smith Airweight (16 ounces), is only slightly larger (the cylinder width of the J-frame being 1.309; the cylinder width of the Cobra/Agent/Detective Special being 1.400-about 1/10th of an inch difference) and yet have 20% more ammunition capacity (6 rounds vs 5) on my side. And if weight is not a big issue, the Detective Special would also be a fine choice.

Page generated in 0.02507 seconds with 8 queries