Thread: Desert Eagle?
View Single Post
Old February 27, 2014, 04:15 PM   #8
Rthiel

MY brother and I both have them. Mine is a newer, USA made, polished chrome DE in .50AE. My brothers is an older XIX brushed chrome, also in .50AE.

My rationale for a .50 was this: They are pointless to own, other than they are a HOOT to shoot. That being said, you may as well go for the gusto! I've fed mine all kinds of ammo, including reloads, and NEVER had an issue provided that you shoot it properly. Don't limp-wrist it, one-hand it, cup the magazine, or let it get too dirty. Also, you must respect it. One time I popped it off without thinking and it came back and clipped the bill of my hat!! People laugh when I tell them that, but I've seen them do it too!

Ammo is scarce, but it is out there. I usually pay around $29-$35 a box for Hornady, but I've also paid upward of $44. I can reload them for much less.

features I find desirable on the older ones include a wider availability of sights and I also like the hook shaped safety lever better. The safety can still be purchased and installed on a newer pistol.

My brother has a Hogue finger groove grip on his which I also like better than the factory offering. These have a tendency to jump around in your hand, and I think the grooves help tame that as well.

The polished chrome finish is a pain, I wish I would have gotten the brushed finish, But the looks it gets at the range offset the difficulty in maintaining the finish. Even the local cops have asked to shoot it. You know it's a good day when a cop loses their sour face and has a giddy smile.

Last edited by Rthiel; February 27, 2014 at 04:27 PM.

Page generated in 0.02549 seconds with 8 queries