View Single Post
Old August 7, 2009, 03:15 PM   #17
Farmland

Too close to home to put any real thoughts in place. Bridgeville really is not Pittsburgh though I guess it will now be remembered as the Pittsburgh shooting. So it is still a little hard to put everything in perspective when it hits close to home, after all aren't these things suppose to happen in the big cities. It is this last statement that may be the one to worry about.

Did we learn anything? I doubt we learned anything that we didn't already know. Crazy stuff can happen anywhere any time.

The only thing we can do is be aware of our surroundings the best that we can. The next is to expect the impossible in any place we may go. We certainly can't live in a bank vault but that doesn't mean that you can't start looking more at your surroundings.

I know I often find my self looking for exits and places that provide protection if only for a second when I'm out with the family. I often give a person with a large bag a little more attention, such as a duffel bag. I know I watch someone new that walks into a place that I have never seen or just doesn't fit.

I'm not paranoid but I certainly don't take too many things for granite today. After all my best defense to trouble is my self and the actions that I take.

Just remember Wild Bill sat with his back to the door. I try not to make the same mistake in life.

Last edited by Farmland; August 7, 2009 at 03:29 PM.

Page generated in 0.02972 seconds with 8 queries