View Single Post
Old January 11, 2013, 11:04 PM   #1
FLChinook

Another solvent question... for revolvers

I've just started collecting revolvers and I haven't given much thought to cleaning them. I just Googled the matter and was aghast to find just about everyone advises cleaning a revolver after every use. That's no problem when I just use one gun but when I take three or four, the cleanup time could eclipse the range time...

I clean my long guns in my cabin (where my wife banned the operation due to the vast number of odors involved with all the solvents. I must confess to have tried just about every solvent made and have even combined some in the search for the perfect solution.

Which brings me to my question. If I'm going to be allowed to bring my revolver cleaning back into the house where it will be so much more convenient and where it might actually get done, I need to find an almost odorless solvent that can be used by itself and that will get the bulk of the gunk off. It needs to be TOTALLY harmless to bluing. I grew up with Hoppe's No. 9 but while I love the smell, my wife does not. What's recommended?

Page generated in 0.02677 seconds with 8 queries