View Single Post
Old May 12, 2012, 09:54 PM   #30
Longdayjake

Quote:
How many bullets are in your clip?
Sometimes 8 and sometimes 5. Depends on the gun I am shooting. All I was trying to say was the title is factually and technically correct. In order to shoot 85 times it takes 85 bullets. Unless of course you are shooting with a shotgun. Or a tank, or whatever.

Furthermore, if you were to say that the Germans only shot 85 rounds you would technically be wrong since rounds originally came from (depending on the source you cite) using round ball bullets or a group shooting a volley of fire back in the old musket era. Though it may be technically wrong to say round, it is widely accepted as the term for a piece of ammunition. Thats because soldiers, people, movies, and video games have been calling them rounds for long enough that the terminology has stuck. I wonder how many guys sat around the camp fires during the civil war and complained about all the guys calling their new bullets balls even though they were oblong and grooved. The point is, "bullets" is fine. You know the difference. There is no need to make fun of or give a hard time to the OP because he is using a term that is widely accepted by most everyone. The only place it is really important to differentiate between the two is in the reloading forum. Otherwise, we all get what he is trying to say. Or am I wrong? Did you guys think the Germans were using rail guns when you read the OP?

Last edited by Longdayjake; May 12, 2012 at 10:02 PM.

Page generated in 0.03021 seconds with 8 queries