Thread: AR issue
View Single Post
Old October 6, 2013, 10:31 AM   #13
WhyteP38

Quote:
Oh, oh, oh....i got this one guys! First hand experience with this issue. First of all, everyone is correct. Seperate upper and lower and give the upper a nice firm bang on the butt end of the charging handle. Charging handles are cheap to replace if you happen to scratch it up. Now, on to WHY it happened. When you seated your bullet, you did whats called "camming it over". This means your die is not set up properly and when you seat your bullet, the last part of the downward stroke of your press handle is pushing the bullet AND the case neck down at the same time. Take a known good round and compare it to the stuck round. Ill bet youll see a slight buldge at the base of the case shoulder. That slight buldge allows the bolt to load the round and lock the lugs but does not allow it to fire when you pull the trigger. Simply reread the instructions and reset your die properly and this issue will be avoided. Also, its a pain, but youll need to go back through your reloads and.inspect for more of these buldged rounds so as not to lock up the rifle again. As for the defective round, pull it, reuse the powder and bullet but i would not recommend trying to resize and reuse the case.
+1. That's what I was thinking too.

Page generated in 0.03406 seconds with 8 queries