View Single Post
Old April 22, 2007, 10:20 AM   #15
Sarge

I've shot the '06 a long time too, and after many dalliances with various powders and bullets I decided to simplify my overall reloading to just one or two powders and bullets per caliber. With the .30-06 this was easy.Game where I hunt is rarely 350 pounds, so I use the Nosler 150 BTSP exclusively for game loads, and Sierra 150 Matchkings for general shooting. Both are exceptionally accurate and they shoot close enough to each other that POA/POI divergence between the loads is a non-issue. If I lived where the game was bigger, I'd have simply done the same thing with 165 Partitions and 168 Matchkings.

I use H4895 and run .2 under whatever Hodgdon's manual says is max. You should always work up carefully from the start loads, in your rifle. H4895 works so well in the other rifle rounds I reload, that I have no need of another rifle powder. Simplicity is a beautiful thing

Like Art I have found little difference between any commercial cases. I use Winchester primers exclusively so that part was easy as well.

Page generated in 0.02278 seconds with 8 queries