View Single Post
Old December 17, 2000, 12:21 AM   #11
navaho

I'm glad your sister was able to escape safely.

One idea which may:

1) help apprehend the perp, and also
2) lead to CCW being allowed in your area

is to get as much publicity as possible.

I'm not a publicist, so I don't know how people go about getting their story in the newspaper, radio talk shows, TV talk shows, etc. [If anyone reading this _does_ know, please let us know!] Maybe you just call the news office of the newspaper/radio station/local TV station...?

If you get your story told in as many media outlets as possible, then you will build public awareness of this, and it will start to be discussed with the fervor that those chads were, which will:

3) hopefully others to contact the PD with details about the perp, and
4) get other not-yet-victims thinking about this, and demanding that their politicans legalize their God-given right of self-defense (CCW)

If you have any 2nd Amendment friendly politicians, definitely get them involved too. This is a win-win situation: your sister gets a CCW, and the politican gets an issue that he can trumpet the next time he's up for re-election.

It might be prudent to omit the part about the not-too-helpful cop. You don't want the PD to get annoyed because they think they're being shown in a bad light (sucks, but ya gotta pick your battles). If the PD start feeling they have to protect their public image, then it'll suck the momentum away from (3) and (4)

Best of luck!

Page generated in 0.03525 seconds with 8 queries