Thread: Loading Stand
View Single Post
Old July 15, 2009, 10:36 PM   #12
Fingers McGee

Quote:
IMO loading 'in the gun' contributes to accelerated wear on the loading lever, pivot screws, and arbor joint (you're putting a bending moment on it).
Using the pistol the way it was designed to be used. It was not designed to be taken apart to reload.

Just out of curiosity, how often do you use your pistols & under what conditions? I use mine at least three weekends per month in CAS competition. Disassembling a Colt style pistol to recharge the cylinder takes up too much time during a stage.

For general plinking or informal competition, a loading stand for Colt style revolvers could be beneficial, not CAS.

I can see where a loading stand wouldn't be a drag and could be beneficial foe ROAs or Remmies.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce

Last edited by Fingers McGee; July 16, 2009 at 04:20 PM.

Page generated in 0.02824 seconds with 8 queries