View Single Post
Old August 23, 2011, 10:37 PM   #2
ClydeFrog

Eyes & ears...

Hi & welcome to the wonderful world of firearms and the shooting sports industry.

To answer your question(s), I'd look at the simple throw away styles sold here; www.policehq.com . Another good brand is the ZEM style sold in the main NRA store; www.NRA.org .
Some gunners use both ear muffs and ear plugs but I honestly do not think that route is needed with normal range use(small calibers, limited range trips).

I'd also look for other good items like a ball cap or hat, eyewear or protective shields, elbow & knee pads(if you run & gun or do tactical drills).
One big issue is NOT to wear open collar or polo type shirts for shooting semi auto weapons if possible. My good friend shot my new PX4 C model 9mm with a short sleeve tennis shirt. A hot spent case flew up & went right down his bare chest! Ouch!
FWIW; I advised him NOT to wear that shirt before we went to the indoor pistol range.

Clyde F
www.Brownells.com www.uscav.com www.galls.com www.qmuniforms.com www.cabelas.com www.cheaperthandirt.com
ps; As for eyewear, go with a proven well made style like 5.11, Wiley X, Gargoyles, Ray-Ban, etc.

Page generated in 0.02582 seconds with 8 queries