View Single Post
Old November 17, 2002, 07:33 PM   #1
Chris W

How accurate (exactly) is a Glock 17?

I've had a 3rd generation G17 for several months, and (though this may make me an idiot in your opinion, and if so fine, I'm clearly not asking you) I think it is a terrific gun. I've probably got 3,000 rounds of various factory 9mm through it without one failure of any sort, and I'm confident of many more thousand ahead.

I've done mostly action shooting, and training for action shooting; IDPA for the most part. I'm not a bullseye shooter, but I really would like to know what kind of accuracy I should hope to be able to get out of my 17. I realize Glocks aren't made to punch paper at 25 yards, but I'm hoping someone out there will have done it and will share their results. How small a group, and at what distance, can you produce? Freehand, or with a rest? Using what ammo? With a stock 17, or with modifications, and if so, what?

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully I'll be able to get out early this week and give it my best, and see what I can do. I've never measured, but I think I've been able to put 10 rounds in 6 or 8 inches at 25 yrds, and I fully expect I'm the limiting factor in this equation. How much better shall I shoot for?

Chris W

Page generated in 0.03492 seconds with 8 queries