View Single Post
Old February 28, 2011, 02:53 AM   #1
Ferrari

45/50 Pellets in 2nd Dragoon?

I just picked up a sweet, never fired, Armi San Marcos 2nd Dragoon, fully engraved, in the display box for a song ($249 out the door)... LOL...

I've had it out once... KA-BOOM!!!... What a kick it is to shoot... especially with a full 50 grain charge.

So I'm browsing the aisles at my local gun store and I see 777 pellets... 45/50's. That's .45 caliber, 50 grains equivalent.

I shoot quite a bit, mostly loose powder with Cream of Wheat filler under the ball and Crisco over the top, but in my 1860 Army and 1858 New Army I occasionally use 45/30 Pyrodex pellets with a felt wad... I like to throw the pistols in the truck if I'm travelling, just in case I run across a chance to shoot... or get attacked by savages... wink... it's less to fuss with if all you need are the cannister of pellets, with some balls and the felt wads.

So you see my thinkin... Wouldn't it be nice to carry a box of those 777's for the new Dragoon?

Has anybody tried these pellets in a Dragoon or a Walker?

According to the literature on the net, the pellets are intended for inlines using 209 (shotgun) primers... Would my regular CCI #11's work... or maybe the hotter RWS 10-3/4 caps?

I know it would be a hot load, not something I'd be running through my gun all the time... but it sure would be convenient every now and then.

Page generated in 0.03804 seconds with 8 queries