View Single Post
Old February 25, 2012, 10:15 PM   #24
SerenityNetworks

Thanks guys. This is all good. I think for my first forays to the range, I'll probably just go with the towel or nothing at all and just see how it feels. I never had a problem in past, so possibly there will be no issue now. If I step up then I'll probably go with something that stays off the rifle, like the PAST pad or a piece of foam floor mat before I start attacking the stock. After that I'll just see how it goes.

And yes, stance is incredibly important, as glicerin mentioned and hounddawg implied about his wife. With my old Light-12, if I got lazy with my stance then I would be sore the next day, even shooting low brass shells.

Thanks again for all the input. If it turns out I need something then I'll have this great thread to fall back upon for reference. Hopefully this thread will help someone else too.

Regards,
Andrew

PS. And if I'm still shooting 20 years from now, failing in health, and the loss of a few more brains cells won't matter then I think I'll try drilling some holes under the butt plate and filling the space with some surplus spent uranium bullets. I'll be sure to post back the results - if I remember

Page generated in 0.03521 seconds with 8 queries