View Single Post
Old August 17, 2002, 09:40 AM   #5
Chuck McDonald

9x23

I have been loading 9x23 for a couple of years. I started off with a Springfield in 9x23. I liked it a lot, and added a custom hi cap based on the Para Ord 38 Super frame with a Bar-Sto barrel.

As noted by others, I can exceed 1,700 fps with no problem and no signs of excessive pressure.

I normally use the Speer 124 gr. .355 bullet designed for the .357 SIG for max velocity loads.

For plinking, I load down to about 1,400 fps and use 135 gr. .355 round nose bullets. Even loaded down, this is a powerful bullet with a lot of penetration.

As to brass, I use both Star Line and Winchester. In terms of performance I have not found any difference in the two. With the same load/bullet both produce the same velocity and the difference in weight between the two cases is quite small. For all but the heaviest loads I use the two interchangeably, and probably would not have a problem using Star-Line for the heaviest loads as well.

I carry the Para Ord 9x23 fairly often. With one spare magazine, I have 43 rounds... which seems adaquet fire power for any situation.

FWIW

Chuck

Page generated in 0.02368 seconds with 8 queries