View Single Post
Old March 14, 2011, 11:10 PM   #11
Bill Akins

Like you fellas, I also love all those old western movies and western t.v. shows. Can't get enough of em. I tivo a lot of the old t.v. series westerns on the retro channels like "The Rifleman", "Bat Masterson", "The Cisco Kid", "Wagon Train", even "Daniel Boone", (an old schoolmate of mine was Fess Parker's nephew).

And I listen to CD's of Marty Robbins and The Sons Of The Pioneers. My favs are "El Paso" by Marty Robbins, "Hold that critter down" by The Sons Of The Pioneers, and especially because of the yodeling Roy Rogers does in "The Devil's Great Grandson" and "Pecos Bill" both again by The Sons Of The Pioneers.

All this harkens back to my childhood in the 50's and early to middle 60's. Watching those old western t.v. shows reminds me of simpler and I think better times than we live in today.

Quote:
Starbuck125 wrote:
i always liked how in most, not all, the old movies esp from the 40's, 50's that they all wore fancy 2 gun rigged, nice pearl handled colts mostly, always clean shaven, the list goes on....
what i'd give to have one of those 30 round , 6 shooters!!!!
Gene Autry wore a fancy double buscadero drop leg holster rig, but always had one holster and gun removed from it. But you could still see the empty drop loop part of the belt where the other holster was supposed to be. This had been somewhat of a mystery for a long time as to why he didn't wear the other holster and gun. One person who knew Gene said he had told them that he didn't like the extra weight, so he took the holster and gun off the belt and just used one holster and gun but still wore the same double holster drop leg belt. You can see this in his movies and still photos. Just a little unusual western star trivia. Now I know you will all be looking for that won't you?

Below here's some of those 30 round "6 shooter" revolvers like Starbuck125 said he wanted like the ones that never ran out of bullets in the movies and t.v. shows. Maybe that's what they were using in those old movies and t.v. shows where they seemed to fire forever without reloading Lol. Can you imagine Clayton Moore (The Lone Ranger) or Roy Rogers having two of those in buscadero drop leg holster rigs?
Think about it, if they did, with two, they could fire 60 shots without reloading.

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Last edited by Bill Akins; March 15, 2011 at 01:28 AM.

Page generated in 0.02230 seconds with 8 queries