View Single Post
Old December 2, 2008, 03:01 AM   #30
BikerRN

This is a very interesting topic, and one I've been wrestling with myself for years.

For years I've shot at the Range in a Weaver Stance. One night, when the SHTF I went in to an Isocoles Stance. I guess there is some truth to what they say about "squaring up to the threat".

Since that night, and because I can't get in to my Weaver Stance when I'm wearing my IIIA BRV, (Bullet Resistant Vest), I shoot in Isocoles now. No, not the Isocoles of old, but the Isocoles that Sheriff Wilson is pictured doing.

There is truth to the Weaver Stance providing some protection for your torso, and offering a smaller target to your opponent if you don't wear a BRV. If you do wear a BRV you are offering your opponent a viable opportunity to put a bullet in your heart. The BRV is designed to take bullets facing the target, and the "weak spot" is the side panels. I won't go in to more detail than that in a public forum.

When the SHTF, I'm moving. I'm no longer young and dumb and I'm getting to cover before I concern myself with shooting back.

Biker

Page generated in 0.03587 seconds with 8 queries