View Single Post
Old August 25, 1999, 01:13 AM   #15
Long Path

That's one reason why A)I have a short-barreled automatic shotgun (1100), which can easily be operated one-handed or with off-hand, and B) I practice fire one, load one. Before you round any corner in a tense situation, you should be loaded. If you can't solve the problem with 5 rounds of rapidly delivered 12 ga, you should reconsider tactics!!!

While I do practice with right turns, I am far more proficient firing from my right strong side, and expect to do so more than 90% of the time. It is really no great hassle to remove a shell from below the stock with my left cheek on the comb. (another reason I put the shells in rims-down)

Another consideration is that, when swinging around a corner in tight areas (esp. hallways and small rooms), I typically will have the shotgun pulled in closer, with the butt under my armpit to get the arm as high as possible, but to get the muzzle as close-in as possible. The stock doesn't come up to the cheek until clearing the near cover. Then, once again in the open, I switch to strong side. It's easy to mount the buttcuff so that the shells are a couple of inches below the line of the comb, providing ample room for your cheek-stock weld.

[This message has been edited by Long Path (edited August 25, 1999).]

Page generated in 0.05100 seconds with 8 queries