View Single Post
Old February 15, 2012, 05:07 PM   #5
doofus47

thanks for the help and suggestions.
"Warped" might be a little strong and a lot erroneous. There is a gap between the wood under the bolt release and the metal spike at the bottom of the release. It might be normal shrinkage; it might be compressed soft wood, although it's not spongy like my Hakim stock was spongy was in oily spots. There is no left/right nor up/down yaw in the stock itself. It's pretty beat up, but it's not in bad structural shape.

I have ordered a set of replacement guard bolts from numrich. When those arrive, I will compare the lengths of the new/old bolts and the lengths of the bolt sleeves.

Is it possible I switched the bolt from the front of the trigger guard near the nose of the magazine well with the rear trigger guard bolt? Maybe I picked them up in the wrong order when I re-assembled after I cleaned it? I'll check out that possibility tonight. It might be that the guard bolt was replaced, but to my amateur eyes it doesn't appear that this rifle was ever taken apart.

I will check the fit of the wood/metal. Shimming might be the easiest and most correct answer.

I guess that if push comes to shove, I could also think that I can take the replacement bolt to my BiL and ask him to cut more threads into the replacement to replace those I would take off the top. I like the shim idea.

Hey Jimmy lowboy, what was the cost of entry into the reloading game? Between .40 S&W and now Arisaka 7.7, I might have reached the financial tipping point to make reloading affordable.

Page generated in 0.02031 seconds with 8 queries