View Single Post
Old February 28, 2007, 03:23 PM   #1
Delynn

Please help with developing a load for 300 win mag

I have been tring to develop a load for my 300 Win Mag Remington Sendero SFII and I am about to pull my hair out. I have tried Berger 185gr, Gamekings 180 gr, and Nolser BT180 gr. and a few more. Most loaded with 80 grains of H1000 They all shoot ok but no better than factory Hornady ammo. And get this. Remington Corelokts shoot the best of all. I have been to the range 4 times and the Corelokts out shoot all the rest hands down. I have shot about 8 - 3 shot groups and the corelokts are all under MOA and sometimes close to 1/2 MOA. My two best groups were from the Berger and most worst groups were from them also. Is it luck. A friend of mine bought the same rifle a few weeks ago and he is the one that got me to try the corelokts because his rifle loves them too. Here is my problem. I don't want to shoot the corelokts because the BC is very low on the corelokt and I like to target shoot 500 to 1000 yards. And hunt game out to 800. Why can't I find a load that shoots as good or better than the cheapest ammo on the planet? Please Please help. Any advice? I am about to give up.

Page generated in 0.02692 seconds with 8 queries