View Single Post
Old February 4, 2010, 08:09 PM   #79
ETCss Phil McCrackin

A guy can "what if" himself from now till Ragnarok if he's not careful. What if the intruder is your son, sent from the future to warn you of a Terminator, and you don't recognize him and drill him with round of whatever?

My overarching point is that no situation or setup is the same, and therefore there is no "one round fits all" answer. That's the beauty of a shotgun, you can carry multiple rounds for different threats. In addition, you have to analyze what the "most likely" scenario might be and plan accordingly, playing the odds, so to speak. For instance, in my case, I: #1- Am most concerned, coming out of my room with my shotgun in a sudden situation, with a lightly dressed (SE Georgia) home invader between my room and my kids. #2- I will probably be at the worst possible moment of consciousness/awareness, and therefore cannot count on x-ring hits. #3- Based on the layout of my home, the use of BB shot provides the ability to balance effectiveness with most limited penetration. However, if the situation allows greater situational awareness, time to assess, or there are tactical challenges, I can adapt as the problem develops.

Everyone should make an informed analysis of their specific situation and plan accordingly and to say that "00B is all you should use" is just as reckless as saying that all you should use is slugs or birdshot.

ETC(SS) Phil McCrackin

Page generated in 0.03505 seconds with 8 queries