Thread: Side Job Idea
View Single Post
Old February 1, 2010, 04:11 AM   #1
KevinBeyerJr

Side Job Idea

Hello everyone,
I am going through college with the G.I. Bill thanks to my service in the U.S. Navy, and am having issues with finding a part time job to help out with bills and building up my gun collection.

Recently, ever since purchasing my first pistol (Springfield Arms XD 9mm) I have getting invited to the gun range a lot. In my father-in-laws case, if he pays for the trip to the gun range, I have to clean his guns in return. That hasn't been an issue, though actually it has been very interesting researching how to disassemble different weapons that I am not familiar with. Those tasks have been leading for my wife's family to see if I can clean their weapons. That is not an issue at the least. It is very fun to be honest.

My question is that how many other people don't really clean their guns on a regular basis, and even possibly neglect them. If it is as common as it evidently is in my family, I could possibly make a business of cleaning and minor repairs of others guns. I would probably have to do house calls, because I wouldn't want someone to take my gun out of my house personally.

Also, I would have to assume that if I do a good enough job that the word would spread throughout the gun ranges and gun stores that my possible customers would go to once the gun is cleaned and maintained.

Lastly, would it benefit me to go to some short college, or even an online gunsmithing degree to maintain and repair some of these guns?

Please let me know your response or ideas.

Page generated in 0.02813 seconds with 8 queries