View Single Post
Old March 21, 2013, 04:47 AM   #1
Habaz72

Coming Home Present

I'm about to finish my current trip to Afghanistan and have ordered a Lee Classic Turret kit as my present. I've been relaoding with the Lee Hand Press and have been looking at the turret press for a while. I've read and watched a lot of material on the product and am looking forward to using it. The place I bought it from puts together their own additoins to the kit that Lee sells, to include a set of dies. I already have dies for .45 acp as that is the only caliber pistol I own. I ordered their kit with a set of 9mm dies thinking that I'll eventually get a 9mm pistol. I own a few bolt action rifles in .308 but have read so much about rifle reloading that I'm not sure I'm ready to move into reloading for the long guns.

I'm not looking at bench rest shooting or competitions with sub moa accuracy, more like 100-200 yard hunting for deer and boar in GA. I'm a contractor who travels around Afghanistan a lot, the next trip out I will most likely be armed with some sort of 9mm pistol so I was intending to buy the same type pistol for practice when not deployed.

I feel like loading for pistol ammo would be more to my benefit and just continue buying ammo for the rifle but was looking for the good people of this forum to chime in with pros and cons of loading for long guns.

Page generated in 0.02328 seconds with 8 queries