View Single Post
Old February 2, 2008, 08:33 AM   #9
Double Naught Spy

Tourist, I understand part of your point, but you have over dramatized the event and misrepresented several aspects of the event in the process. We don't like it when anti-gun people overly dramatize matters or misrepresent facts to help make their arguments. We should not stand for it when we do the same thing. Regardless of the reason for it, it is still misrepresentation.

Quote:
First, the death occurred during a random home invasion.
No. The death occurred after the home invasion or as a result of the home invasion, but no indication that it occurred during the invasion. The victim was found alive out in the alley, but died by the time he got to the hospital.

Quote:
His body was seen when he collapsed.
There were witnesses in the alley that saw him fall? That does sound more dramatic than finding him after he fell, but that was apparently the case. His body was seen WHERE he collapsed.

Quote:
Three, unless further details unfold, the victim did not own any implements he could fetch and effectively use against his attacker. He was totally unarmed in his own dwelling.
You don't know he was totally unarmed. He may have been unable to fetch any weapons because of how the attack progressed. Many police officers died in a similar fashion, with arms, but unable to bring them into the fight. That does not mean they were unarmed.

Quote:
In other words, this death is the classic example of the biggest, scariest Charlie Foxtrot we could imagine in our wildest scenario.
Really? Was the victim repeatedly sodomized as well? Did the intruder torture his family in front of him? When did the attacker set him on fire? You know things are dramatic when military lingo is used as it is only used under the gravest of conditions. We all know that.

Quote:
That being a successful, lethal attack during a daylight home invasion of an unarmed homeowner in condition white by a random attacker with a contact weapon.
Just how was it that you determined he was in condition white? This is an assumption. For all you know, he was in condition yellow or red, but was simply defeated.

Quote:
If someone proffered that scenario as a fantasy here, the mods would probably shut down the thread as being foolish, and providing no salient information because it appeared so extreme.
This isn't extreme or a Charlie Foxtrot scenario. This sort of thing is fairly common.

Quote:
Additionally, the weapon was very likely cheap and poorly maintained. The victim bled out before he got very far.
At this point, I figure you are dealing with the people at the Psychic Friends Network for your information. Just how did you determine the knife was likely cheap and poorly maintained? Since it could have been the victim's do you know the victim only has cheap knives and has a bad record of maintaining them? The expense and maintenence of the weapon does not appear to be in the reports thusfar, so I am curious as to how you came up with such interesting information.

Quote:
This death is a cold reminder that no matter how pathetic the thought processes plummet for a felon, some can--and did--die during an attack.
Now you are just getting freaky. What does it matter if the thought processes of a felon have plummetted or not? Yes, we all know that folks can due from such attacks. This death should be a cold reminder to what apparently actually did happen and that is that he survived the actual attack (contrary to everything you have written) and died AFTERWARDS.

Quote:
Last week I argued that while some people dislike "scenario threads," they often point out to me 'holes' or misconceptions in my thinking when dealing with security.
Apparently this is because you just makes up things that aren't there. You seem to have started this thread not because you thought the information was useful but because you wanted to make the point that your concerns in scenario threads are valid. Given how you have dealt with the information in this case, I can see how people see misconceptions in your thinking.

Quote:
I don't know about you, but I don't want to live in a gated, cinder block bunker with guns drawn and sirens wailing 24/7. I have reasonable alarms and door locks. Your home should be a place of refuge and a climate where you and friends can relax.
Oh you mean in condition white, don't you? Nobody stays in higher level conditions all the time.

Your cold dose of reality largely seems to be missing the reality.

http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/14558752.html#

Page generated in 0.03017 seconds with 8 queries