View Single Post
Old June 17, 2013, 11:01 PM   #9
tahunua001

Quote:
Changing out the stock 10 round box mag does not require stripping the gun down. Just a firm press to release the trigger guard, remove the trigger group, then the fixed 10 round box mag:
the trigger guard is the only thing that holds the action to the stock, with the removal of the trigger guard you have pretty much field stripped the rifle. besides that was not the assertion made by boomer, he stated that by simply releasing the floor plate you can remove the original magazine, an assertion that is incorrect.

however, if a person really does want to carry around a bunch of duckbill mags more power to them. I much prefer to carry stripper clips as they are lighter and I can carry more of them for the same amount of weight. my argument that if a shooter is restricted to 1 magazine, be it a matter of expense, or he just forgot his/her extra mags, the metal mag is more capable in prolonged engagements.

Page generated in 0.02902 seconds with 8 queries