View Single Post
Old August 26, 2008, 06:33 AM   #17
Dearhunter61

I have both

I have both of these calibers and I am a little partial to the 7 mag. It was the third rifle I ever bought and it was the most accurate of any of them...The gun put 3 rounds into the same exact hole one of the first times I ever took it to the range. It did this with Hornady factory ammo! I have taken more deer with it than any of my other rifles combined. I know that if I miss a deer hunting with it it is all me. That being said it kicks like a mule and over the last year I have been looking for a rifle to replace it...I have bought the following...270, 280, 7mm-08 and now finally a 6.5 Swede. I think I have finally found the replacement with the 6.5. The others shoot ok but for whatever the reason when hunting time came they just did not get out of the safe to go with me...I think the 7mag just bullied them out of the way so it could go...

The 280 is a Ruger...beautiful gun...but it kicks like a mule too! and it took me forever to find a good powder bullet combo that it liked...Its funny...it is the gun I wanted to hunt with but just have not been able to bring myself to do so...I think it has to do with the fact that it just does not shoot or has not shot as well as the other calibers. Now like I said I did just find a good round for it... .44 at a 100 yards but I am still going to hunt with the 6.5 this year with the 7mag as the back up.

Good luck on your choice.

Page generated in 0.02053 seconds with 8 queries