Thread: Lever gun scope
View Single Post
Old October 28, 2013, 02:43 PM   #64
Idahosd

In reviewing the comments made on this thread by the person that stated that installing a scope cripples it, they must either be having a bad thread or he/she is using a troll account to stir things up. I think that he/she was just spouting off outdated dogma from overhearing it somewhere. Or it could just be the alcohol and/or medication talking. But most of things posted by them are really off the mark and not in keeping with the thread.

Additionally, I did take time to research the reviews of the sightmark mini sight on the website that he/she was recommending (post #61 ). First off, it is listed for 20% more there that at Amazon or Midway. It is also one of the poorest reviewed dot sights out there. One site had 15 review of which 8 were the lowest possible mark that could be given. Comments on reviews are "Won't hold Zero", Cheap Mounts, Fell apart after 8 shots, and sent back 3 of them and now the 4th one has failed after 2 shots. Nice recommend, but I will pass.

I am sure that he/she is a good person, but jumps to assumptions and then convinces themselves that they're facts. I suggested that they should do some research, but I am also sure that it will go in one ear and straight out the other.

I am new to lever action firearms, but have over 40 years shooting and hunting experience. But really never had an application where it was the best choice. However, I find the Henry big boy a real fun gun and one that it is easy to teach new shooters on.

I also know that the big boy only comes in pistol calibers and all the talk about hunting on this thread puzzles me. But, I hunt in Idaho and the thought of bringing down our big game here, with pistol cartridge is questionable at best. I personally have harvested over 50 Big game animals in my life and have never had one walk more then 2 steps after being shot. But, I don't take running shots, as most deer and elk around here will stop running after a while, if not when you still have them in sight, at least over the next ridge. If they keep running, then wait for one that will cooperate. I have seen other hunters do the running shot thing, but they mostly miss or hit the hind quarters. Trust me, you wound an animal and it gets away, you will remember it …….often.

Last edited by Idahosd; October 28, 2013 at 02:53 PM.

Page generated in 0.03672 seconds with 8 queries