View Single Post
Old March 12, 2013, 02:02 PM   #10
NWPilgrim

Thanks for the ideas guys. And the warning of just using the most accurate chamber all the time. I just wanted to see if this is a relatively common problem and worth further testing. It could well be just me. I have obviously been away from revolvers for quite some time (chambers vs cylinders!) and was not aware whether new revolvers are drilled in a way to eliminate this type of variance or if it still is a possible problem.

I will mark each chamber and test using six bullseyes, one for each chamber and repeat it several times to see how each chamber groups. And to eliminate any pattern of my hold/flinch/eye alignment I will shoot them all the same: six shots from #1 chamber at target #1, six shots from chamber #2 at target #2, and so on. That should give a short break between each shot to settle back down to a good rest.

I hope it is just me or the ammo, I don't want to have to go through sending it back for repair and the delay involved. But I also do not want to have a revolver that shoots inconsistently.
"The ultimate authority ... resides in the people alone. ... The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition."
- James Madison

Page generated in 0.02368 seconds with 8 queries