View Single Post
Old February 11, 2011, 06:23 PM   #10
Bill Akins

I have a cousin who just picked up an original civil war Spencer repeating carbine from an older man who didn't realize what it was and neither did my cousin until a bit of research showed him it wasn't just an old single shot wall hanger like the older gentleman thought it was. Sold it to my cousin for $15.00!! Yes, that's FIFTEEN dollars. Lol.

Overall it looks pretty good but the action is frozen. We are trying to free it by repeatedly applying high quality penetrating oil. A few days ago I got the hammer to cock and the trigger to work for the first time since he's had it. It has a sweet light trigger.
The rifling looks pretty good too. A few pits but not too bad.

I think my cousin would like to sell it, but not before we get it completely unfrozen and restored to shooting condition. I'll try to get some pics of it the next time I go to my cousin's house. He only lives about 15 mins away.

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Page generated in 0.03626 seconds with 8 queries